Monday, January 31, 2011

how did that happen?!


So, yet again, I am behind in blogging! Sheesh! But I definitely had to get this post written while it's still January! (so, you know...by midnight! lol)

Five years ago today was my first day with my kiddos. At that time it was just us girlies all day every day. I was just looking back at some of the first pics I took of them and I can't believe how little they were! Maybe I'll do another post on that soon.

It wasn't until almost an entire year later, on January 15th, that "my" baby was born. :}

This was the first glimpse I got of him in the text pic Wendy sent from the hospital.

A couple weeks ago, my Mr. Happy turned 4! How that happened, I am not sure!! I miss the baby he was...but I am loving the little boy he is growing in to!

This year he ended up choosing a Chuck E. Cheese birthday party.
Let me clarify that:
Chuck E. Cheese.
On a Saturday.
At noon.

Yup. Now you have the whole picture. It was crazy! But he had a blast and that was all that mattered. :)



At 4 years old, Mr. Happy...
~ still loves to snuggle and gives great hugs.
~ MUST give me approximately 5 eskimo kisses every evening before I leave.
(Seriously, if he thinks I have left without them, panic sets in and he comes running and sometimes crying saying, "Kiki!! Kiki!!! I didn't give you your eskimo kisses!!!")
~ is way into MJ music and thinks he must have been a very cool dude.
~ still loves most every kind of music in general and will dance to whatever is playing...when no one is looking. except maybe his sisters. :)
~ has learned to love our Bible time every morning in school.
(The only reason it used to not be his favorite part was that he had to sit still! lol Now he has discovered stories like David and Goliath (his fav right now) and realizes how awesome and amazing God's stories tend to be and will be the first to eagerly run and get out our Bible book.)

~ still does not like loud noises. never has.
~ is totally into super heroes and would love to save the day himself sometime! :)
~ is a pro on our itouches (when mommy and I aren't losing ours...! ha!) and daddy's ipad.
~ likes to do school pages like his sisters
~ but does not really like to color. He has no patience for that.
~ loves play dough!

For the most part, he was just like this at his party...very happy...but pretty calm, just taking it all in. Little Miss Giggles had her 5th bday party here a year and a half ago...and the difference in their reactions cracked me up! She was smiling so big we thought her cheeks were going to explode from the excitement! I had to dig up a couple pics just to see the difference myself....


LOL!! The one on the left of her and LMS is my absolute favorite! Seriously, she couldn't have possibly smiled any bigger!


And she still had a blast with her brother at his party. :) These two are getting to be great friends. Several times lately I have found them running around playing together while LMS does her own thing.


This was the long awaited moment! He got to stand in this thing for one minute (? I think?) and catch as many CEC tickets as he could. There were bigger, colorful tickets that were worth more than just one ticket too. I half way wondered if it would freak him out since it was kind of loud and crazy in there. But he did great and stuffed some down his shirt like we told him to. He got one ticket that was worth 50 and one that was worth 100 + the random single ones so that was a success! :)


Granddaddy was at his party too. Mr. Happy was born on Granddaddy's birthday so they had to have a picture together with Chuck E. :)


Wolf mountain (on the left) was something he had sort of hoped to get for Christmas...and I clued his aunt on to that so she gave it to him for his bday and oh boy was he excited!

And for those of you with little boys...have you discovered Trio blocks yet?? Oh my goodness we loove Trio blocks at our house!! I got just a small starter tub of them at the beginning of school this year - and they are his "during school time only" toys for while his sisters are working. That keeps them fresh and he will sit there happily playing for 45 minutes easily! There are so many cute sets of them - and there is even one tub of girl Trios that are pink and green!

Happy Birthday Mr. Happy!! I am loving watching the little boy God is growing you to be. You have a sweet heart and I am praying that God will call you to be His child and will guide you to be a great warrior for Him as you grow up! I love you!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails