Last post on this trip!!!
Are you tired of reading about it yet? Lol.
I have been working on this for about a week now...internet has been slow, thus uploading gazillions of pictures has taken forever. My internet does not like snowy weather. Or the thought of snowy weather. Or when the weather guy predicts that kind of weather. Lol
Anyways! On to our last day! Wednesday, we docked a little ways out from Princess Cays island and took the life boats (that are bigger than you're imagining if you're like me) from the ship to the island.

Catrina had reserved two bungalows for our group and so we got to ride the golf cart right to our bungalow. Except there wasn't enough room on this one so I got left behind to wait for the next one. (It was a recurring theme for the day...lol!)
Our two bungalows. Aren't they cute? They had air conditioning, a ceiling fan, table and chairs, a big pitcher of ice water, cups, and a shower head outside on the right of each bungalow.
Each bungalow had a name. Hibicus? Lol.
That would be Daniel getting ready to try snorkeling. What I don't have a picture of is him promptly coming back out of the water and giving up on snorkeling about 5 minutes later due to being stung twice by two of the bajillions (seriously!) of jellyfish that were in the water!!
I didn't see him get stung because while the rest of the girls enjoyed laying in the sun, I wandered off down the path to discover new and exciting places.
After a couple minutes I found this path leading back to a part of the beach further down from where our bungalows were.
And this was the view standing in the spot in the previous picture. :)

Then Michael and Eric, who had also wandered off in a different direction to explore, found me and said I had to come see a deserted part of the beach they had found. Eric ran off to tell everyone else to come see while Michael and I explored a little further. We had to climb up and over this little sand hill thing...and then had to come back the same way. On the way back, I was walking along, no problem when all of a sudden I felt the strange sensation of my right foot slowly sinking. I realized that the sand closest to the edge - where my right foot was - was giving way but quickly realized that trying to shift my left foot wasn't going to help matters and would, in fact, probably make things worse! So I just went with it...and my right side disappeared and I sloowly landed on my right foot/knee/hand. It didn't hurt a bit...just looked hilarious, I'm sure! Soo...this spot above is now known as the spot where my right side disappeared! Ha.
Mom and Dad weren't even going to get off the ship! They said they don't really like the beach and the ocean! We said...um...isn't that half the point of the cruise?! Lol However, I'm sure being on the ship w/o the majority of other people was really nice and quiet! And they did end up coming to the beach for a few minutes...so of course I had to officially document Mom in the water. :)

Some of the sea creatures we saw! We actually touched the jellyfish that had washed up on shore. It felt pretty much like it looks like it would feel. Catrina found a conch shell...that still had it's animal living inside. Someone found a sea urchin. And Eric found a sea fan...that Daniel ended up bringing a part of home with him.
This was just as Daniel and I headed back to our bungalows. Right after this is when Michael wrestled with a real live octopus!! (Of course right as soon as all the cameras left...) No, seriously, he really did. But he tells the story better than I do.
("Oh look! A pretty little seashell!"
"How big was the octopus??"
"It was THIIIS BIIIIIG!!")

Brain coral and snails. The snails were all over the rocks on one stretch of the beach. Mmm...dinner? :-p
When we got back...it was lunch time! With food that was every bit as beautiful as it was delicious! The fruit anyways. These above sat right next to a GINORMOUS bowl filled with green grapes and cut up chunks of fresh pineapple!! (Seriously, did I mention that the roof of my mouth was kind of burnt by the time I got home from all the fresh fruit I ate on this trip??) Soo good!!

So as I was sitting on the steps going down to the beach, I happened to look up and decide to take a pic of the cloud that was covering the sun (left). Later I realized that Eric had taken almost the exact same picture (right)!! Funny! I think it almost looks like a crab. Which is also funny because just after I took that picture, I heard some lades down on the beach saying they saw...

Some crabs!! There were two different ones. The blue arrow is pointing to the same one ... and the rest of the pics are of the other one.

Then we saw a red one!! (Both pics are of the same one.)
Yup. They're so reserved. They need to break out of their shells more often. (Ha! No pun intended....!)

Riding the golf cart back to the line for the lifeboats back to the ship. Again, it was full so I got left behind.

And then I got left behind yet again when everyone headed back to the ship and I somehow got talked into......

Getting my hair braded!! LOL!! It was a once in my lifetime kind of a thing. I left it in for about an entire 45 minutes. Soo tight it was giving me a headache...besides, I looked rediculous! Lol.
(And really, I didn't get totally left...Catrina, Daniel, and Anita stayed with me.) :)
See? Hilarious!
Have I mentioned how crazy blue the water was?! I mean seriously! It is as blue as the floor and chairs on this balcony!!!

Sunset photo shoot on our balcony just before dinner!! :) This is what happens when all the girls invade your room just as you are taking out the last of your crazy braids and getting ready for dinner - they borrow your awesome camera and snap away! :) Which, of course, I really didn't mind a bit. :)

This would be Michael...about ten minutes or so before dinner. He was already starting to feel sea sick here. Then he came to dinner and ordered mussels. I was sitting across the table from him watching him look worse and worse...then the mussels came. He took one look and got one whiff of them and promptly left. Poor guy. This time he took medicine though and managed to come hang out with us at our table for the light night.
Two of our awesome waiters! Davor and Juan. Davor is holding baked Alaska!! They even had a "baked alaska parade"! So fun! I have always wanted to try that stuff...but who actually makes baked Alaska?!
;)
All of us, except Michael who was lying down in his room thoroughly sea sick, and Eric, who took the picture. Vernon and Crystal was our other waiter/waitress. They are married and get to wait on a table together! Sweet! :) All four did a great job! You could hardly get your tush in your seat before they were placing the napkin on your lap for you!
Aaaand that pretty much concludes our trip!! The next morning we got off bright and early (Well, those of us who drove did.) And of course, after being out at sea for a week, what was the one thing everyone had to catch up on as soon as we got off??





0 comments:
Post a Comment