Thursday, November 25, 2010

botanical gardens


I am constantly on the look out for new cool places for photo shoots. Sometimes I find blogs of photographers in the area and find places that they have used. Other times I hear from friends where their friend have had photos taken. This was the case recently when a friend showed me some pictures taken at the botanical gardens here in town. I didn't even know we had a botanical garden! I stopped by one day but only for a few minutes and knew I wanted to go back and explore more sometime soon. So last weekend, I grabbed Michael, some Starbucks coffee :), and headed back to find some cool photo spots.


Still have some beautiful color around! I love it. :)


He was seriously like 100 feet up in the air on this wall!!!

hahaha.... ;)


So many cool spots! I didn't even take pictures of half of them.


Seriously, this place is awesome...there just happens to be an old building with no windows in it?? Awesome.

He whined for a minute when I told him I might have to borrow him for some pictures...but he had just finished telling me my photos are professional quality (I say I'm soo not there yet!! But we're most critical of our own work, you know....) etc, so he couldn't really protest all that much! :) And really, M, I was holding back, I promise! There were a lot more spots I could have used.... ;)


Oh yeah. He's so cool. :}


Such a cute little house! Even the ceiling in it was neat...didn't get a picture of that.


This building was really neat too - and I did get a picture of the ceiling in it! And I loooved the red leaves on the vines growing on the outside!! :)




Ok, so the other time I was here, I had seen this grove (is that the right word??) of bamboo and knew that Michael would be totally drawn to it if he came back with me. He has a thing for bamboo.... I mean, really though, bamboo is pretty cool. So he saw it pretty quickly and just like I figured, immediately wanted to go explore it. We went the long way around though and ended up coming up on the other side of the grove a few minutes later. The bamboo is far enough apart that you can walk through it...so of course we did.

Now, if you were walking through a bamboo grove in the middle of a botanical gardens, what would you expect to see?







Did you say a fire extinguisher?? Yeah, I wouldn't have either. Cracked us up.


Have you ever seen how the bottom of a bamboo shoot goes into the ground? I hadn't. Pretty neat!



That door is just awesome.

Thanks again for being such a good sport and letting me borrow you and get my photography fix, M. :}

Anyone else want a photo shoot here...just let me know! We can check out the other awesome places around the gardens. :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You're one of my very first followers! I've been keeping my blog a secret for a while now! :) I've actually kept up with your blog for a while. I guess I'm one of your silent viewers! hee hee

Jessica said...

Great pictures! I have probably told you, but yours is about the first blog that Jennifer and I ever read - and we read some of your others that you have posted on the side too. Clover Lane is my all time favorite! :)

Dad said...

I would not have guessed the fire extinguisher either. First guess was Chow Yun Fat - chasing a bad guy thru the tops of the bamboo, about 20 feet above the ground!

Related Posts with Thumbnails