Ever miss being little? What do you miss about it? What are your favorite memories of when you were growing up? The ones that make you smile when they come to mind.
This weekend a couple things made me flash back again to when I was little and made me sort of miss...
~ playing with homemade playdough
~ paper routes
(yup. i had one)
~ playing with the bunches of neighborhood kids
~ having one of my friends stay for dinner spur-of-the-moment
~ doing school with my best friend
(ok, not the actual school work part...lol)
~ playing in the snow
~ the big swing in my friends' yard
~ the time my friends' dog got her head stuck in a black pipe and walked around looking like odie from the garfield comic.
lol my dad helped get it off and she was fine...so it was ok to laugh. :)
~ all the pet rabbits I had
...and the time our rabbit kept escaping and running up to my friends' house. finally one morning their dad stuck our rabbit in with their rabbit and called from work to let us know. a few weeks later...we came outside one morning to discover bunnies in our cage!! my friends' dad was mortified...but we were delighted!! :)
~ going for a walk one night in the snow
~ exploring the woods
~ painting rocks lol...
~ the day we got a puppy
~ lying on my bed looking up out my window and only seeing pieces of sky through the tree branches and leaves
~ piano concerts
(quartets and duets were my favorites...i do not like being the center of attention...but add a friend or three and all of a sudden it's way fun!)
~ climbing trees
~ driving my best friend crazy copying the pictures he would draw
lol...wow, i hadn't thought about that in a long time! heehee...it would make him soo mad! i just thought he had the best ideas of things to draw! i can still see the birds he would draw...
~ playing with my dolls
~ playing in our tree fort or on the swing set
~ doing flips on the old swing set
dad took all the swings and screws, etc. off the top so it would be smooth and i had a perfect bar to do gymnastic flips on!
~ taking gymnastics :)
~ the way one of the girls would always cheat at "one potato" (to see who would be "it" in a game of hide and seek or tag) and always make Michael be it
...that made him mad too...poor kid :}...except I would usually side with him on that one.
~ the bunny man
seriously. he was cool. that's what we called him. he had bunches of rabbits. and knew so much about them!
~ a dog named mwuffy...and one named newwie (nellie)
~ the time my friend Billy and I made a little bench for his sister - my other friend - Jennifer, for her birthday.
we painted it pink so it would match her room. :)
~ as I got older...playing Phase 10 either at my house or the Brown's.
I specifically remember playing it with m's mom. I can see the way her hands would hold the cards...how she would carefully choose which ones to put down on the table.
~ being babysat by my favorite babysitter ever...meredith
she made us feel like we were the coolest kids in the entire world and that she just hadn't been able to wait to see us again!
I could just keep going! :) I think I had a pretty happy childhood... :} I'm glad I have a blog now to write these things down so I can remember them for a long time.
Hey, guess what?? I even have a picture for you! :)

This is me when I was in about 4th ish grade. I am holding my rabbit Chipper. I don't know why I named him that...when we went to pick him up, I had every intention of naming him Brownie...but then, on the ride back home, I changed my mind.
The rabbit in the cage was the first rabbit I ever had...I named him Salt and Pepper. What can I say...I was little! lol
Tell me some things you remember about your childhood. I would love to hear!! If you have a blog...consider yourself tagged. (Oooh, I just started my own blog tag game...go me! heehee!) If you don't have a blog...GET ONE! lol Just kidding...although that would be way cool if you did! If you don't have a blog...leave me a happy little bloggy comment! :)




1 comments:
Hi,
Thanks for leaving a comment and checking out our story.
I have been reading the blog you recommended to me for some months now! I have tried to find any blog that talks about HIV adoption. :)
Tova
Post a Comment