So I spent the weekend with him...but I don't get to do all that much for him since his big sister is completely capable of doing everything herself! (she just doesn't like the waking up early thing...) ...but yesterday, I got him all to myself for the day. :) Well, I did have to share him with my three kiddos, who were beyond excited to have him and Reegan spend the day with us!
But towards the end of Mr. Happy's nap time, the girls wanted to go upstairs to play with Reegan in their room so Maddox and I got to hang out in the playroom for a bit.
He tried out Mr. Happy's rocket ship for quite a while, chattering to me most of the time.
Then he checked out the mirrors on our school cabinet. He kept looking at me in the mirror...and then turning around to look at the "real" me trying to figure out how there were two of me. :) That was in between talking to the other baby in the mirror. :)
Mr. Happy sleeps on the couch for his nap these days. The girls have a "quiet book time" on the couches during the first part of his nap and he has always known this and thinks it is waay cool to get to have his nap time on the couch now. He almost always goes right to sleep after reading a story with me. Anyways, it was time for him to wake up so I pulled Maddox up on my lap and started talking to Mr. Happy. He squinted his eyes open, saw Maddox sitting in front of him, and was immediately awake! (Sometimes it takes a little convincing to wake him up...he loves his nap. Always has.) I'm telling you, it's THE BEST way to wake up! With a baby right there. :) Maddox took some time pointing out Mr. H's nose and generally being cute as usual while Mr. H. was waking up. :)
Then they had to explore the toys behind the couch. They discussed them for a while and Maddox patted on Mr. H's head...I think he likes him. :)




0 comments:
Post a Comment