Monday, September 7, 2009

happy labor day :)

We have had lots of activities this weekend. One of the former professors at the college I went to (although I never had him for a class), recently moved to Knoxville with his family. My mom got connected to him through the organization he works for and had his family over for dinner Saturday night. After dinner, I introduced his wife and their four kids to our favorite playground.



Isn't he a cutie?? :) He is three months younger than my baby and was making me miss him all the more! :)


Their oldest (that I missed getting a picture of) is in middle school now and was around 3-4 years old when I was in college and babysat her a couple times. (Am I really that old?! Have I been out of college that long?!) :) It was fun getting to catch up a little bit and since her three youngest kiddos are the same age as my three - and they homeschool! - we decided I will have to have them over to play sometime soon! :)


Oh, and my favorite seven month old came to hang out with us at the playground too! Aiden lives about two minutes from the playground and his mommy, Leah, also went to the same college and actually had Dr. Wilson for class one semester. Although...it was the same semester she got engaged...so, she was a bit preoccupied with a shiny item on her finger and might not remember as much of his class as she would have otherwise.... ;)


Sunday morning the boats began making their yearly voyage down the river to get the perfect spot to watch the Boomsday fireworks. I love this tradition every year - even if the constant sound of the boats does get a bit annoying after a while. :)

Sunday evening as I was getting ready to come down my stairs to leave with Michael for Boomsday... guess who was finally outside...!!!!! :)



My baby!!!


And my girlies!!! :) (Quite a fake smile from my oldest...oh well...!) :} I was very happy to see them in the flesh and squeeze and hug them again! :)

Then it was on to Boomsday. I have yet to go early enough in the day to get a reeeally great spot to watch it from. We finally settled on standing underneath the Gay St. bridge, which worked fairly well, although we couldn't really see down into the water...which, if you have ever been to boomsday, you know there are some fireworks shot off from the water, as well as the Henley St. bridge. However, I decided seeing the bridge was more important...it's my favorite part! :)



Ha. I think this one is interesting.







My favorite!!!


We made it out afterwards with not much problem and only got stuck in a traffic line for a few minutes. Once back at my house, I have learned that it is pointless to try to go to sleep right away due to all the boats heading home. So instead I just hung out on my deck and watched for a while. This picture is a bunch of boats going by. Funny what the lights do when you take a picture of moving boats in the dark! :)

Now I'm off to lunch with family and friends and then to play some serious Settlers! :) Hope you are enjoying the day!! :)

1 comments:

Our family said...

oh how I miss booms day!!! nice job on getting good pictures of the fireworks--they turned out really great! i almost feel like i am there when i look at them:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails