Monday, September 21, 2009

just two stories

This morning at breakfast my middle child asked me a question and as I was thinking about my answer, she then looked at me and said, "Kiki, you don't have to answer that if you don't want to. I asked a whole lot of questions! I always ask lots of questions! So you don't have to answer that one! Only if you want to."

Of course I answered it for her. :)

The girls had Dr.'s appointments this afternoon so my baby and I were snuggled on the couch for a while together playing school games on my itouch. He asked to look through the photos I have on it so we went through them naming all the people he knows. We got to one of Lauren and her baby cousin and this is the conversation that followed,

J: Hey! That's Lala! (His own name for Lauren :)
K: Yup! And that's her friend Emilia. (Hard to explain 'cousin' to a 2 year old...)
J: What?? I thought she was MY friend! (sad, confused look...)
K: You thought Lala was your friend?
J: Yeah!
K: Oh, it's ok, she's your friend too.
J: OH. ... Ok!

I LOVE hearing him talk about what's on his mind. :) I knew I would forget these stories if I didn't write them down right away. :)


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails